Agricultural Shows -
be a number of special prizes awarded in various areas
of the Poultry Show. All specials are provided by
generous sponsors of the show. A full listing of these
special prizes will be listed in the show room.
exhibitor must buy a $12.00 membership. All entries must
be in the Fair Board office by July 31, 2012.
2. An entry fee of $1.00 (includes 13% HST) will be
charged for each entry in each section. Entry fees must
accompany entry forms. Late entries or changes received
after July 31 will be charged an entry fee of $2.00 per
bird. Entry fees MUST accompany entry form, or entries
will not be accepted.
3. Birds will be received on Thurs., August 9th, 2012,
from 4 p.m.-10 p.m. and must be caged by 9:30 a.m. Fri.,
August 10th. Judging will commence at 10 a.m. August
10th. All exhibits must remain until 6 p.m., Sun.,
4. A maximum of 75 entries are allowed per breeding
5. If entries exceed capacity of show hall, the number
of entries per exhibitor may be limited. At the
discretion of show management, preference may be given
to entries from within Elgin County.
6. The New Revised Standard of Perfection shall be the
guide of the Judge therein and all birds shall be judged
by the Standard of Perfection.
7. Prizes will not be awarded to a bird unless deemed
worthy of same by Judge.
8. Feed and water will be supplied.
9. All birds in poor health will be removed from the
show and sent home.
Feed and Shavings are generously donated by Elgin